Hits 3533 | Created 2008-06-13 | Modified 2008-06-13
I found this recipe somewhere and adapted it slightly - it's an amazingly tasty 5 minute sauce that you simply stir into noodles. Super-quick and good food. Needs holy basil or sweet basil leaves. This is also vegan.
- 1 pack Noodles (any kind, works well with Soba)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice (half a lime)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 cup Holy Basil, or Sweet Basil leaves
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Red Chilli
- Pinch salt (to taste)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds, Basil for garnish
1. Make sauce - place all ingredients in a blender. Mix until smooth
2. Leave mix to one side
3. Cook noodles as per instructions
4. Mix noodles with the sauce, do not heat the mix
5. Serve. Top with some basil leaves, sprinkled toasted sesame seeds
6. Eat and marvel!
Note: You can buy holy or sweet basil at Thai, Chinese food stores. It can be hung up and dried, or frozen for storage.