Hits 6733 | Created 2007-05-16 | Modified 2008-01-04
That is, Balti-chick-peas.
- 125 ml Oil
- 125 g Grated onion
- 1/2 t Ground fresh root ginger
- 1/2 t Ground fresh garlic
- 125 g Finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 350 g cooked or canned chick peas, drained
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 t Red chilli powder
- 1 pinch Ground turmeric
- 6 tablespoons Water
- 1 Whole fresh green chilli
- 2 tbsp. Chopped fresh coriander (add at end)
- 1 t Garam masala
1. Put the oil into a karahi or deep frying pan, add the onions and fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Add the ginger, garlic, and tomatoes, and simmer, covered for 10-15 minutes on low heat until the oil separates and the mixture forms a pulp.
3. Add a tablespoon of water at a time if required.
4. Add the cooked or canned chickpeas, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, and turmeric, and stir well.
5. Add 6 tablespoons of boiling water and simmer on low heat for 5-7 minutes or until excess water evaporates and there is thick gravy.