Little Wizard Game Help
Hits 2216 | Created 2003-06-11 | Modified 2007-06-11Some help for the little wizard java applet game!
Something strange has happened in the world of your little wizard - something evil.
Terrible creatures have started to appear around the countryside - vampire bats,
ghosts of lost souls, demons straight from hell, and more besides.
You are a wizard, one of the last of your kind, and not a very experienced one either.
You know that it is possible to make spells using the magical cauldron somehow, but
you don't know exactly how to go about it.
You must travel the countryside, looking for answers, looking for information,
and learning your magical craft. Eventually, you must save the land and banish the
evil that blights the land, and restore peace and light.
How to Play
· Click into the game screen and press any key to begin. You can move your little
wizard around using the arrow keys
· Collect an item by moving into it. If the item is used straight away, it will be,
otherwise it will go into your inventory
· Your inventory
is shown at the bottom of the screen. A little white square
highlights the item currently selected. Press TAB
' to change between items.
· Pressing SPACE
' an item, if it can be at that time.
· Pressing 'd
' will drop
the currently selected item.
· There is no load
- learning a simple spell will allow you to 'teleport' around the playing area easily, thus avoiding tedious repetition.
· Press ENTER
to refresh the screen.
· Press '1'
to change game speed. 1=Fastest, 9=Slowest.
· Press ESCAPE
to quite the game.
Just to get you started, here are a few things you may see in the game:
Your character - the little wizard.
· Write down spells as you learn them - there are quite a lot.
· Placing an item in one cauldron is the same as placing an item in any cauldron - they
are all linked magically.
· The man who sells information has some useful things to say, eventually.
· Spells, once cast, have a mind of their own sometimes.
· To navigate easily through narrow gaps, hold down two directions at the same time -
example, if you are walking right and there is a narrow gap coming up below you, hold
down the 'down arrow' key at the same time as the 'right arrow' key, and you will go
down the gap without any problems.
More Hints (19th May)
People have been badgering me for clues etc as to what spells do what, as they are
finding it tedious to find out by trial and error. I see your point. If you want to
go on without the following spolier, then don't read on...
· Glutanium - Extra Food.
· Fugit Vim - This freezes monsters for a few moments.
· Sorbum Granus - Extra Health.
· Treorbum - More health than Sorbum.
· Caldus Divum - Banishes bats.
· Ranium Vim - Banishes ghosts.
· Beezaltium - Banishes demons and spiders.
· Ticum Deum - Banishes devils and grunts.
· Popus Lupis - Banishes death.
· Natum Tan - Destroys trees.
· Frenis Vim - Destroys walls.
· Transgildor - Transform things into bats.
· Fugor Arbum - Turn into trees.
· Ad argum - Turn into walls.
· Voidum - Teleporter
You still have to actually find out how to make all these spells though, so
there is still quite a lot to do!