Ralpharama - This 20-year old archive is no longer maintained
Advice for life
Hits 1317 | Created 2007-05-15 | Modified 2007-05-15
All the best advice is in the form of universal truths. That is, the same advice should be able to be applied to any type of situation in life, and still hold true.
This is a list in progress. Feel free to send me your suggestions.
1. Never leave your pubic hair on another man's soap.
2. It is easier to look good holding the rail of an escalator, than it is tumbling head-first down it.
3. Treat glasses with wary respect.
4. Never apologise for the same thing more than once.
5. Everything in moderation. Including moderation.
6. When looking for a restaurant to eat in, take the first that looks satisfactory.
7. If the dress makes her look terrible, tell her.
8. If you meet a man and don't like him, avoid him.
9. If you don't like clothes shopping, refuse to go.
10. Refuse overtime, despite the consequences.
1. Or he will harbour irrational ill-will towards you for a long time after.
2. This is more important when going down, rather than up.
3. Just because you have treated glasses roughly for years without mishap, does not mean that one will not suddenly shatter in your hand, causing four stitches and much misery.
4. In which case, make the first apology sincere.
5. Rules that needlessly limit you do more harm than good. Have guides, not rules.
6. Or search for a fantasy on an empty stomach.
7. Tell the truth. Or be evasive in your answers. You do not have to be brutally honest all the time, but you can live life without actually telling lies. They are two different things.
8. Trust your instincts – they are generally correct.
9. Life is too short to spend in activities that you despise. Sometimes you have to stand your ground and refuse.
10. But occasionally say yes. This is a more advantageous situation than occasionally saying no.
Useful? Donate for hosting costs
All content copyright (c) Ralpharama